Banner

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Stalingradskiy Traktorniy Zavod (STZ)

 

 

 

 

 

The root of the tractor work of Stalingrad goes back to the year 1925. Progress of construction works was very slow until 1929. For this reason the American architect Albert Kahn – he was of German origin – and further 380 American experts were consulted. So the series production of the SKhTZ-15/30 tractor could be started in 1930. It was a manufacture under license of the American International 15/30. More than 217,000 Exemplars were made until 1941. Parts for the Komsomoletz were made from 1937 to 1941. In 1937, production of the agricultural crawler tractor STZ-NATI-1TA started. The same model was delivered to the Red Army as STZ-3. Production was interrupted due to the occupation of the work by German forces in 1942 but in 1944 production was restarted. Besides STZ, KhTZ – 1937 to 1941 and 1944 to 1949 – and ATZ – 1944 to 1952 – were involved in the production of the STZ-3.
Production of the military variant – the STZ-NATI-2TB later called STZ-5 – started in 1937, too. 9,944 exemplars were made until the work was occupied in August 1942.
Due to war situation, production of the Voroshilovetz was shifted from Kharkov to Stalingrad in 1941. STZ made 893 Voroshilovetz until production also ended due to war situation. Besides tractors and tracked tractors, T 34 tanks were made.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Year of construction:

Pulling force in MT:

Quantity:

 

 

Tractors:

 

 

 

 

 

SKhTZ-15/30

1930-1941

 

ca. 217,000 (incl KhTZ)

 

 

Tracked tractors:

 

 

 

 

 

Komsomoletz

1937-1941

2.0

 

 

 

STZ-NATI-1TA & STZ-3

1937-1952

?

 

 

 

STZ-NATI-2TB resp. STZ-5

1937-1942

4.0

9,944

 

 

Voroshilovetz

1941-1942

22.0

893

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

 

 

<< back to the Soviet manufacturers

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How to find?

Contact

Imprint

Disclaimer

Data privacy statement