Banner

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Österreichische Automobil-Fabriks-AG formerly Austro-Fiat (ÖAF)

 

 

 

 

 

A branch of the Fiat-Works was founded in Wien-Floridsdorf in 1907. Although the Austrian Fiat Werke AG never used the name Austro-Fiat officially, it became famous under this name. At the beginning, Fiat vehicles were assembled for the Austrian-Hungarian monarchy. Before the beginning of WW I, production of own developed passenger cars, lorries and buses was started. In 1921, the Österreichische Creditanstalt gained the majority of stock. As a result the name of the company was changed to Österreichische Automobil-Fabriks-AG vormals Austro-Fiat, in short ÖAF. In 1933, Fiat regained the majority of stock. A licence agreement for the production of diesel engines was contracted with MAN in 1935. In 1939, Fiat had to sell its block of shares to MAN. The MAN ML 4500 lorry with a payload of 4.5 tons was manufactured under license beginning in 1941.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Year of construction:

Payload in MT:

Quantity:

 

 

Lorries:

 

 

 

 

 

Austro-Fiat AFN, AFN lg

1925-1937

1.75 - 2

 

 

 

Austro-Fiat AF 25

1928-1935

3.5

 

 

 

Austro-Fiat AFL, AFL lg

1930-1937

1 - 1.25

 

 

 

Austro-Fiat AFH

1935-1937

3.5

 

 

 

Austro-Fiat HRM 6

1936-1938

3.5

 

 

 

Austro-Fiat SBM, SRM

1938-1940

2 - 2.5

 

 

 

Austro-Fiat FD 6

1938-1939

5

 

 

 

Austro-Fiat 4 D 90

1939-1940

4.5

 

 

 

MAN ML 4500 S (License production)

1940-1942

4.95

ca 1,900

 

 

MAN ML 4500 A (License production)

1942-1945

4.95

ca. 100

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Omnibuses:

 

 

 

 

 

Austro-Fiat 4 D 90B

1939-1940

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

 

 

<< back to the Austrian manufacturers

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

How to find?

Contact

Imprint

Disclaimer

Data privacy statement