The heavy cross-country machine FN M12 respectively M 12a SM was manufactured from 1937 to 1940. The 992 ccm engine had an output of 22 HP.
The military version M 12a SM had a connectible sidecar drive. Of the 1,180 manufactured machines, altogether 1.090 were delivered to the Belgian Army. Later, a large part of them were taken over by the Wehrmacht.
Besides the sidecar for personnel transport, there was also a lorry version for the transportation of various equipment sets. (Photo: German federal archive via Wikimedia Commons; License: Creative Commons BY-SA-3.0-gb)