Banner

 

 

 

 

 

 

Zündapp

 

 

 

 

 

The exploder and apparatus engineering company - in German: Zünder- und Apparatebau-Gesellschaft - was founded by Fritz Neumeyer in association with Krupp and Thil in Nuremberg in 1917. In 1918, Neumeyer was sole owner. The manufacturing of motorcycles started with the model Z 22 in 1921. To the end of the 1930s, Zündapp advanced to the position of the fifth largest motorcycle manufacturer in Europe. Almost exclusively heavy sidecar combinations were manufactured for the Wehrmacht. The Zündapp K 800 was the only motorcycle of the Wehrmacht with an four cylinder engine. Beginning in 1939, a heavy cross country mobile sidecar combination was develpped – the Zündapp KS 750.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Year of construction:

Quantity:

 

 

Motorcycles:

 

 

 

 

Zündapp Z 22

1921-1924

 

 

 

Zündapp Z 200

1922

 

 

 

Zündapp K 249

1924

 

 

 

Zündapp Z 300

1928

 

 

 

Zündapp S 500

1930-1931

 

 

 

Zündapp SS 500

1930-1931

 

 

 

Zündapp K 200

1933-1934

 

 

 

Zündapp K 500 W

1933-1940

 

 

 

Zündapp K 600

1933-?

 

 

 

Zündapp K 800 W

1933-1938

550

 

 

Zündapp DB 200

1935-1940

 

 

 

Zündapp DS 350

1937-1940

 

 

 

Zündapp KS 600 W

1938-1941

over 18,000

 

 

Zündapp KS 750

1941-1944

18,635

 

 

 

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

 

 

 

 

 

<< back to the German manufacturers